This service is only available to patients who are rostered to a family health team.The Telephone Health Advisory Service is a Ministry of Health and Long Term Care initiative aimed at improving access to primary health care services for Ontario residents enrolled with a Family Health Team.
Hours of Operation (THAS)
You can call the Telephone Health Advisory Service:
- Mondays through Fridays from 5pm to 9am
- Weekends from 5pm Friday to 9am on Mondays, and
- 24 hours a day on recognized holidays
When you call the Telephone Health Advisory Service you will be:
- Connected to a nurse who will verify that you are enrolled with the Family Health Team
- Asked a series of questions to assess your health concerns
- Provided with health care advice so that you can manage your care at home or,
- Advised to see your doctor or nurse practitioner within a few days.
Depending on your symptoms, the nurse may advise you to go to the nearest emergency department.
With your consent, the nurse will send information to your health care provider about your call to the Telephone Health Advisory Service.