Job Title: Registered Dietitian - RD
Status: Full-time, 12-month contract
Full-time: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $64,675 - $76,088
Start Date: October 13, 2020
Location: COLFHT Sudbury Clinic and/or Working from Home
Under indirect supervision, and working as part of an interdisciplinary team, the Registered Dietitian provides high quality professional nutritional care to rostered clients, consistent with the philosophy of the City of Lakes Family Health Team. The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing comprehensive nutritional care for clients and their families through education, guidance, and counseling.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Duties:
1) Accepts referrals from physicians and other health care team members.
2) Conducts comprehensive assessments with clients to obtain relevant information and assess client nutritional needs.
3) Uses the Nutrition Care Process to develop individualized nutrition care plans based on assessments. Includes nutritionally related social determinants of health in the assessment. Provide follow-up as necessary.
4) Involve clients in decisions about their health and encourage them to take action using goal oriented treatment interventions.
5) Help clients to identify and use available resources including community services and programs.
6) Develop and deliver nutrition resources and nutrition programs; facilitate group nutrition classes based on identified client need.
7) Collaborate with other health care team members to provide the best care for the client.
8) Communicate effectively with health care team members, clients and families.
9) Act as a resource to other team members on nutrition related issues.
The above duties are representative but are not to be considered all-inclusive.
1) Bachelor’s degree in human nutrition and dietetics from a university program that has been accredited by the Partnership for Dietetic Education and Practice (PDEP)
2) Completion of an Accredited Dietetic Internship program
3) Active registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
4) Membership with Dietitians of Canada is an asset
5) Proven ability to work independently, take direction and prioritize workload
6) Experience in primary health care, diabetes management and/or pediatric nutrition an asset
7) French language considered an asset
8) Motivational interviewing training and experience an asset
9) Effective communicator and ability to work in an interprofessional practice setting
Please send your application by mail or email to:
City of Lakes Family Health Team
960 Notre Dame Avenue, Unit C Sudbury ON P3A 2T4
Attention: David Courtemanche, Executive Director
While we thank all applicants interested in our team, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.