The City of Lakes Family Health Team attracts family physicians who want to practice in a collaborative team environment. All patients are rostered to one of our family physicians. Individual physicians set up their practice at one of our clinic locations. There are no vacancies for new family physicians currently.
The Family Health Network (FHN)
Physicians on our team are members of a Family Health Network (FHN). Based on an agreement with the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-term Care, the FHN uses a blended payment model which includes a capitation payment derived from the size of their individual patient roster. Other special premiums are paid to the physician for several areas of care including preventative care, hospital services, palliative care, home visits, obstetrics and prenatal care. All patients are rostered to an individual physician. Physicians and nurse practitioners have a rotating schedule for after hour’s clinics provided to our patients by appointment only. Physicians can refer their patients to any member of our interdisciplinary team.
- Free rent and low overhead
- City of Greater Sudbury physician recruitment incentives
- Ontario Ministry of Health relocation assistance
- OntarioMD funding for IT capital and EMR software
- Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce physician incentive package
Greater Sudbury’s Health Sector
- Centre for Specialized Geriatrics Services
- Children's Treatment Centre
- Diabetes Education Centre
- Northeast Community Care Access Centre
- Northeast Ontario Regional Cancer Centre
- Northeast Mental Health Centre
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- Ontario Breast Screening Program
- Sudbury cardiac Rehab Centre
- Sudbury & District Health Unit
- Health Sciences North
Quality of Life in Greater Sudbury
With a population of 165,000 people, the City of Greater Sudbury is the largest municipality in Northern Ontario and is considered the centre for healthcare, education, business, tourism and industry in the north. It is home to the Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Laurentian University, Cambrian College and College Boreal. Other local attractions include Science North, Dynamic Earth and Timberwolf Golf Club. It boasts many cultural amenities including the Sudbury Theatre Centre, the Sudbury Symphony, the Sudbury Art Gallery, Cinefest International Film Festival and several other annual festivals and events. Sudbury is the retail capital of the north with a vibrant downtown, major retail shopping centres and several big box retail stores.
Sudbury has over 300 lakes within its boundaries including several urban lakes which provide fresh drinking water, recreational opportunities and residential developments. Popular leisure activities include swimming, boating, fishing, golfing, skating, skiing and snowmobiling along with an abundance of walking trails and parklands.
For inquiries please contact:David Courtemanche, Executive Director
705-560-3182 ext 220