Healthy Kids Snow Day- February 6th
Healthy Kids Greater Sudbury is hosting SNOW DAY!
Join them for a free family day to experience active outdoor family fun and learn about the healthy kids challenge.
February 6th, 2016, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at James Jerome Complex (formerly called Lily Creek).
- Play in our outdoor play zones- snow art and construction, sliding and climbing, free play with our volunteers from Best Start Hubs and Child Care Centres
- Try a new winter sport- snowshoeing, snow biking (for those over 5ft tall), snow soccer, boot hockey, snow golf. All equipment will be provided
- Join Shkagamik-Kwe Health Centre's Healthy Kids Challenge for Tipi story telling, traditional foods and indigenous games.
- Play outdoor games with Sudbury YMCA Camp Counsellors
- Join a guided family hike with Rainbow Routes
- Build a quinzee with Lake Laurentian Conservation Area
- Learn about winter survival with Laurentian's Outdoor Ed program
- Warm up in the Sudbury Cadets tent.
- Add your angel to Sudbury's biggest snow angel field
- Take a horse drawn wagon ride or visit our petting zoo
- Enter our "outDoor Prize" draw for a family set of snowshoesTry some delicious and nutritious foods in our Healthy Kids Caterers Challenge taste test.
- Try our nutritious snacks and beverages (bring your own reusable water bottle or cup!)
- TENTATIVE- if the Ramsey Lake Skate Path is open, ride the shuttle to Science North where skates and helmets, as well as learn-to-skate lessons will be available.
To make the event fun and accessible to everyone, Healthy Kids Snow Day will offer:
- Free transit and bus shuttles the York St. Parking Lot.
- Use of sleds to carry kids and gear around the sites.
- A free winter wear exchange with Better Beginnings Better Futures to trade in for warm/ dry mitts, hats, boots, and more.
- Warm-up and changing rooms
- FREE warm food tasting, nutritious snacks and beverages
- A special warm-up area for families with babies and young children for baby feeding (with separate changing facilities).
- Use of Helmets for any children who need one