The Government of Canada recently launched a new app for fighting the spread of COVID-19. COVID Alert helps us break the cycle of infection.
The City of Lakes Family Health Team encourages all patients, providers and staff to download this new app!
What it does
- It lets people know of possible exposures before any symptoms appear.
- It uses Bluetooth to exchange random codes with nearby phones.
- It checks a list of random codes from people who tell the app they tested positive.
- If you've been near one of those codes in the past 14 days, you'll get a notification.
What it does not do
- COVID Alert does not use GPS or track your location.
- It has does not know your location.
- It does not know your name or address.
- It does not know your phone's contacts.
- It does not know your health information.
- It does not know the health information of anyone near you.
- Nobody will get any information about you or the time you were near them.
COVID Alert is just one part of the public health effort to limit the spread of COVID-19.
The app does not replace manual contact tracing by local public health authorities.
COVID Alert does not replace medical advice. If you get sick, contact your doctor or other healthcare provider.
Download the app on your IOS or Android device.
For more information go to COVID Alert.