As the COVID vaccination roll-out begins in Greater Sudbury, some people are asking questions about its safety and effectiveness.
Please check out the following information resources about the vaccines:
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 What you need to know before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment
- Ministry of Health: COVID-19 vaccine safety
- Government of Canada: Overview of COVID-19 vaccines
- Government of Canada: What you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine for Canada
- Government of Canada video: COVID vaccines
- Ontario College of Family Physicians: Answering Patient Questions about COVID-19 Vaccines
- New England Journal of Medicine: Covid-19 Vaccine — Frequently Asked Questions
- CEP: Answering questions about COVID-19 vaccines
- VIDEO: All About the COVID-19 Vaccines
The City of Lakes Family Health team recommends that all patients get the vaccine.
Health Ontario has identified a 3-phase plan which identifies priority populations, such as long-term care residents, in phase 1. More information on the vaccination roll-out is available, as follows:
We will be posting more information about the local vaccination roll-out program as it becomes available.